Renewable Energy Heating in Scotland
Renewable Energy Heating Systems for Your Home
In recent years, the availability of cost effective renewable energy has improved dramatically, giving homeowners an alternative to their costly to run existing systems. In addition, the Government continues to incentivise renewable heating with a series of grants which are available to offset the cost of a new heating installation across Glasgow and Scotland.
The options available to you by way of renewable heating are extensive and can be installed within your home by our team of experts here at DMS.
Air source technology has become increasingly popular over the years with many well-known manufacturers offering their own systems. The technology works in principal very similarly to your average air conditioning system which is actually a heat exchange system.
External air at a temperature above absolute zero (roughly -273 degrees Celsius) contains energy which can be harnessed and transferred elsewhere. An air source heat pump simply pumps this air into your home to provide heat to your rooms as well as hot water if required.
- What makes this technology so impressive is its efficiency as four times as much heat can be extracted from the same amount of energy given optimum conditions.
- An air source heat pump can be installed within almost any home.
- The average reduction in energy bills is up to 70%.
A biomass boiler is one which is powered by an alternative fuel source, typically wood pellets and logs. The attractiveness of this option is that the fuel used is produced in a sustainable manner, helping to reduce the impact on the environment due its carbon neutral nature.
In addition, running a biomass boiler is up to 40% cheaper than running a gas or oil equivalent.
- Biomass systems can provide heat to your home via your existing radiators, helping you to keep the installation costs down.
- The maintenance requirements are low, requiring no more attention than any gas boiler system.
- Biomass systems installed by us are eligible for a series of payments under the Renewal Heat Incentive.
We specialise in biomass boiler installations in Glasgow and are happy to discuss any questions you may have about this technology.
Ground source technology utilises a series of pipe loops which are installed underneath the surface of the ground. Here, the heat contained within the earth is collected and transferred to the coolant within the loops which is then passed through a compressor and distributed around your home.
- Great source heat pumps can provide both hot water and heating to your entire home.
- No fuel is required as the energy contained within the ground provides the source of heat.
The cost to install a ground source heat pump is usually anywhere between £12,000 – £20,000 so the payback time is dependent upon the energy efficiency of your home as well your current source of fuel.
Upgrade Your Heating System
We are a leading energy saving company in Glasgow and are well placed to carry out the installation of all types of renewable heating systems. You can enquire within via the use of our contact form or speak to one of our advisors on 0141 638 1058.